Manuel Antonio is Costa Rica’s most famous National Park and a great destination for those families looking to experience the rainforest. It offers not only beach and ocean activities, but also a great combination of restaurants, nightlife, rainforest and beaches. White water rafting, canopy tours, ocean kayaking, mangrove and dolphin tours, night walks and hikes are just a few of the many outdoor activities offered in the area.
Located within eleven acres of rain forest, you and your family won’t have to travel to observe abundant wildlife such as white-faced capuchin monkeys and sloths—you’ll see many of them right here. We are family-friendly with board games, boogie boards, delicious children’s menu options in both restaurants and tours and activities suitable for the whole family. And with two pristine beaches just a few steps from your room, the whole family can enjoy a day at the beach. The rooms on the lower part of our property, near Playitas, are best for children because you will be right next to the Playitas pool and beach.
- Proposed Family Vacation Itinerary
- Tips for Family Planning, Tips for Family Travel Planning
- Other Family Vacation Destinations
Must Do on your Family Vacation
- Spend a day at the beach playing in the surf with your family.
- See wildlife up close at Manuel Antonio with one of our experienced local guides.
- Plant a tree in the nearby volunteer rainforest project to celebrate biodiversity and wildlife conservation.
- Take a break from the beach with an al-fresco lunch at Playitas Restaurant.
- Zoom through the forest on a canopy tour high above the treetops.
- Try horseback riding on the beach.
- Go whitewater rafting along the Savegre River.
- Learn to make tortillas with a local senora for breakfast.
- Make a wish, as the sun sets on a family sailing trip in the nearby Pacific Ocean.
- Take our rainforest night hike and watch the rainforest come alive in the evening.