Manuel Antonio is Costa Rica’s most famous National Park and a great destination for families looking to experience the rainforest. It not only offers beach and ocean activities, but also a great variety of restaurants, nightlife, rainforest and beaches. White water rafting, canopy tours, ocean kayaking, mangrove and dolphin tours, night walks and hikes are just a few of the many outdoor activities offered in the area.
Located within eleven acres of rain forest, families are very likely to observe abundant wildlife such as white-faced capuchin monkeys, sloths and iguanas right from your room terrace. We offer family-friendly amenities including board games, boogie boards, delicious children’s menu options in both restaurants and tours and activities suitable for the whole family. And with two pristine beaches just a few steps from your room, the whole family can enjoy a private day at the beach. Rooms and suites on the lower part of our property provide easy access to Playitas pool and beach and are best suited for children.
FAMILY EXPERIENCE CHECKLIST WHILE IN ARENAS
- Learn how to make fresh corn tortillas with a local senora for breakfast.
- Spend a day at our private, white-sand beach surfing, paddle boarding or relaxing with your family.
- Later, enjoy an al-fresco lunch at Playitas Restaurant while your feet still touch the sand!
- Hike along Manuel Antonio National Park with our very own naturalist guide.
- Plant a tree in a nearby volunteer rainforest project to celebrate biodiversity and wildlife conservation.
- Experience spectacular waterfalls and rainforests at Los Campesinos Reserve.
- Zoom through the forest on a canopy tour high above the treetops.
- Sign up for an easy horseback riding stroll along the beach as you observe wildlife all around.
- Go on a whitewater rafting adventure along the Savegre River.
- Take our guided rainforest night hike and watch how the rainforest comes alive at sunset…