Here’s to Your Best Ever Beach Vacation in Manuel Antonio
Let’s talk about your family for a minute. Do you love a lot of action? Do you need a lot of beach time? Would your ultimate dream be a family vacation that’s totally planned — or (gasp!) completely spontaneous?
We’ve hosted many families at Arenas Del Mar Resort. We know what it takes to create family getaways that are easy for everyone.
If this is your first time in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica, we know you’ll have lots of questions.
Talk to our Family Vacation Specialists. We’ll give you our best recommendations along the way.
Arenas Del Mar Beach & Rainforest Resort for Families
- Best beach and family-friendly hotel in Manuel Antonio
- Spectacular direct beach access to Playitas Beach
- Lots of wildlife like monkeys & sloths right at the resort
- In-house tours & kid-friendly activities included. Movie Nights, Tortilla Making, Bracelet-Making Classes & more
- Surf boards & surf lessons available upon request
- Our Naturalist Guides make hiking family-friendly
- Kid-friendly meals, healthy choices & 1/2 portions
- Wi-Fi connected, but choose when the devices come out
Manuel Antonio Adventures for All Ages
Best Advice for Families
We want your family to have the best ever beach vacation in Manuel Antonio. That’s why, we’ve put together a few pieces of our best advice.
- We welcome children of all ages at our family-friendly resort. Ask us for a crib or extra bed. Whatever you need to make your stay comfortable.
- Most families arrange a full itinerary with us. This means we pick you up at the airport, take you directly to Arenas Del Mar, and help you get around once you’re here.
- Want instant Pool and Beach access? Consider our rooms & suites located on the lower part of the property next to Playitas Pool & Beach.
- Family of 5? We recommend booking our Playitas Suite or a Connecting Room (an Ocean View Premium Suite that’s located next to an Ocean View Superior Room, for ample space & comfort).
- Consider staying at least 5 nights in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica. We find families who stay fewer nights often feel rushed. They wish they’d stayed longer so they could do more activities and get in enough beach time.
- Use our Tour Planning Service. Especially if you prefer to have a loose itinerary or don’t enjoy planning. We’ll make it happen.
- Older Children & Teens? We find teenagers like a fun challenge like surfing, waterfall rappelling, or hiking to the Nauyaca Waterfalls — a majestic 120ft waterfall!
Families Love Us
Why Choose Arenas Del Mar Resort?
Direct Beach Access
Monkey & Sloth Sightings, Right at the Resort
2 Naturalist Guides
We'll Get You to Manuel Antonio & Plan Every Detail
Get Your Family Mini-Guide
This detailed, 20-page family mini-guide will tell you how to get closer to the extraordinary experiences – and special moments – that matter most on your family vacation.
- Get here easy with The Gang. Learn how to get here by Air & Ground, and how to Get Around if you don’t want to rent a car.
- Discover experiences you won’t find on TripAdvisor. Use our cheat-sheet of Must-See Costa Rica Experiences, Evening Activity Ideas that won’t cost a thing, and Local Secrets at our luxury hotels & lodges.
- Create your Food Strategy. Use our quick-view of family-friendly dishes, must-try drinks, and local snacks. We all know what it’s like to want more options than hamburgers, pizza and chicken fingers.
- Map out your route to see more of Central America. See how our luxury hotels can get you exploring the gorgeous Pacific Coast of Panama, Costa Rica & Nicaragua.