How to Get to Arenas Del Mar
Arenas Del Mar Beach & Rainforest Resort is located in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica on the Central Pacific coast.
Our luxury resort occupies both a beachfront and rainforest location within 11-acres of private nature reserve.
Let’s Plan Your Arrival to Arenas Del Mar Resort
We know you might like to see your best travel options laid out in detail. Select an option, and we’ll explain the rest:
- Best option if you want to get to Arenas Del Mar right away
- Fly into Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO), Costa Rica
- Take a 20-min connecting flight to Quepos Airstrip (XQP). Sansa Airlines and Aerobell offer daily flights to Quepos. These flights depart from a small terminal within walking distance of (SJO)
- We’ll meet you at Quepos Airstrip and bring you directly to Arenas Del Mar (15 mins)
- Or, if you plan to rent a car in Quepos and drive, ask us for Driving Instructions and let us know you’ll be driving. We want to be ready for your arrival!
- We’ll gladly assist you with Car Rentals, Flight Schedules or Airline Tickets for domestic flights. Just ask us!
- Best and most economical option for families, groups, or if you’d prefer to travel in complete comfort
- We’ll meet you at Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO), Liberia International Airport (LIR), or from anywhere else in Costa Rica and bring you directly to the resort
- You’ll travel in an air-conditioned, Wi-Fi equipped minivan with complimentary snacks and water
- Your private driver will be happy to make stops along the way for bathroom breaks or photo opportunities —like the famous crocodiles of the Tarcoles River!
- Best option if you want to drive and see Costa Rica at your own pace
- Fly into your airport of choice: Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO), or Liberia International Airport (LIR)
- From San Jose, rent a car and drive to Manuel Antonio (3 hrs)
- Or from Liberia, rent a car and drive to Manuel Antonio (4.5 hrs)
- Ask us for Driving Instructions and let us know you’ll be driving. We want to be ready for your arrival! *Note: We recommend using the Waze App to navigate your drive
- Roads to Manuel Antonio are safe, paved, very well-maintained and signposted.
- We’ll gladly assist you with your Car Rental from either airports. Ask us!
Which option is best for you? We can help you decide. We can also arrange all your travel within Costa Rica for you — just ask us.
Watch Our Video
“How to Get Here”
Arenas Del Mar Beachfront & Rainforest Resort
Junction 4.6km on Route 618 turn right onto
Road to Arenas Del Mar
Manuel Antonio, Puntarenas
Costa Rica 60601
Coordinates: 9.3977° N, 84.1632° W
Front Desk: +(506) 2777-2777
Getting Here is Easy
“The ride from San Jose was great as the scenery was amazing, and the driver stopped a few times for us to take great pictures and admire some scarlet macaws. As we approached the resort we saw other hotels, but they were all set back from the beach and the rainforest. Arenas Del Mar is literally on the beach while in the forest at the same time.”
– Laura, Rhode Island