Only the Best Ends up
on Your Plate
Our Food Philosophy
Our menu reflects the region: stimulating, colourful, and exciting.
That’s because every decision we make in the kitchen is guided by our values of sustainability and care for the environment. We highlight ingredients from right here, fished from our oceans and cultivated from local farms.
The pineapple in your beach-side cocktail. Your cup of morning coffee. We aim to source organic products, free from pesticides and other chemicals.
Our culinary team creates house-made condiments and sauces. Rice and spices come from local farmers practicing biodynamic agriculture.
Even the charcoal we use for our themed BBQ nights is made with environmentally-friendly coconut fibre!
Only the Best Ends Up on
- Dining options featuring beachfront & rainforest views
- Extensive wine list featuring biodynamic & organic wines
- Certified local organic ingredients
- Support for local farmers & fishers
- Gourmet gluten-free dining. Vegetarian & vegan dishes are never an afterthought
Dock to Dish Program
Straight from the Source
Home to one of the world’s largest populations of marine life, Costa Rica’s ecosystem is dependent on its fishy friends to maintain the country’s biodiversity.
Our Catch of the Day is delivered every morning from fishermen right down the road. You’ll know that the Red Snapper and Mahi Mahi that end up on your plate are always the ethical choice.
Gluten Free & Fabulous
Gluten Free Dining
Since 2014, Arenas Del Mar has embraced a fully certified gluten-free program, rooted in Costa Rican culinary traditions and centred around fresh and abundant local ingredients.
International Guest Chef Events
Connect with Costa Rican
From internationally-acclaimed guest chefs, tasting menus, interactive demonstrations and workshops, our natural surroundings help us elevate the dining experience to mean more than what you take in.
- Collaborations with top chefs from around the globe
- Wine & spirits tastings. Organic wines to local rum
- Tours of local vanilla and spice farms
- Cooking classes, demos, and workshops incorporating local food traditions and guest chefs
Great Food & A Sense of Fun
“One night there was a ‘street food’ themed dinner on the beach, another day – breakfast on the beach. A wonderful place. A truly memorable stay.”
– Stella, Edinburgh